I resolve to warp in at 100 km just to see what he's doing. He's engaged with a few rats, and I decide to fly toward him. I'm within my optimal range, so I get a lock on the ship and start filling him with bullets.
Shields drop pretty quick on Amarr vessels, and I start chipping away at his armor. Perhaps the pirates are helping, but his health is dropping faster than I was expecting. He finally targets me and launches some Ogre II drones, which I dispatch with ease.
I see a third pilot enter the local system. My directional scanner shows him commanding a Hurricane Battlecruiser and closing in on our position. I align and warp off as soon as the 'Cane lands on grid.
We have some friendly banter:
[02:51:08] Hasugo Numani > :)After waiting out my criminal timer, I leave the system, wishing them a good night. And they return the salute:
[02:51:21] GIftedPlacebo > ha
[02:52:02] Hasugo Numani > and here i thought i'd get a free bs kill :P
[02:52:06] GIftedPlacebo > lol
[02:52:09] GIftedPlacebo > not today
[02:52:35] Reaperxvii > :P
o/Oh, and I caught it on film :)
That was perhaps the most thrilling and intense moment thus far of my EVE career. Imagine how I'll feel when I actually kill something!
Some things to think about as I review the video:
- I clearly caught the guy off guard, and I wonder how I would fair if he started blasting me from 30k out.
- I need to change the angle of d-scan once I land on grid.
- I need to carry more rockets.
- I didn't overheat, but I wonder if it could have been enough to get him to structure.
- The Hurricane landed 100 km away. Once I saw him on dscan, I figured I needed to GTFO (had he been in fleet and landed right on top of us). If he had AutoCannons and not Artillery, could I have killed the BS with overheating before the cane reached us?
- I wasn't pointed.