Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Medium term goal: Cynabal

What a sexy ship. 

The Cynabal is an NPC pirate faction cruiser, and like all pirate boats, requires two racial skills to pilot. In particular, capsuleers need both Minmatar and Gallente training.
  • Special Ability: 25% bonus to Medium Projectile Turret rate of fire
  • Minmatar Cruiser Skill Bonus: 10% bonus to Medium Projectile Turret damage per level
  • Gallente Cruiser Skill Bonus: 10% bonus to Medium Projectile Turret falloff per level
With the falloff bonus and its incredible speed, the Cynabal is a kiting ship. It has the mid slots to fit "dual propulsion" (both Afterburner and Microwarp Drive), enabling the cruiser to be a real nuisance to missile boats and gun boats alike. Depending on how much pilots want to splurge on a Warp Disruptor, the cruiser can comfortably orbit at over 24 km, well out of range of most other medium guns. Being Gallente-influenced, it also has a large drone bay--both offensive and defensive drones can be equipped.

It has a utility high slot for either an energy neutralizer (nightmare for Frigates) or a cloaking device (solo roaming in null-sec).

It doesn't have the best tank (but it's not terrible). Its downfalls are its cross-training requirements and its price tag (hull itself is 200 mil ISK). It's a slightly more versatile and expensive Vagabond.

I could have a lot of fun in this ship!

So if I'm going to be flying this, I want to do it right. I want to max out my Cruiser skills and work on my Drone skills. All the relevant Gunnery skills are at 4; getting them to 5 will no doubt make me deadlier, but the margins are such that I could work on them while playing with my Cynabal.

I am about two months away from where I want to be before Cynabal Season. I might make a small deviation to train Heavy Assault Cruisers and to play with a Vagabond to get used to the fighting style. Or grab an even cheaper Stabber Fleet Issue.

Exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment